On March 1, 2017, the DCF entered into a new strategic partnership with SEI, a leading asset manager with 450+ clients worldwide – including 25 community foundations – and $281 billion in assets under management.
Under the new partnership, SEI is serving as the DCF’s outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO). An emerging strategy among community foundations, this means that SEI serves as an extension of the DCF staff, providing world-class investment expertise and constant focus on managing the charitable funds you have entrusted to us.
Because SEI has taken on responsibility for risk management and full fiduciary accountability for the selection, oversight and replacement of money managers, the DCF Investment Committee is left free to focus on high-level strategy, such as asset allocation. The DCF Board and Investment Committee believe this model will have great benefit.
Who is SEI?
- Global firm with U.S. headquarters in Oaks, PA
- $79 billion in institutional assets under management (as of 12/31/16)
- 160-plus nonprofit clients worldwide, with 25 community foundation clients
- 25-year track record in discretionary investment management designed to help improve efficiency and results
- Significant infrastructure and resources with a dedicated group focused on understanding the needs of nonprofits
- Significant annual investment in research tools and technology for investment and risk management