The Delaware Community Foundation (DCF) seeks an energetic, resourceful and strategic professional to join our organization at this exciting time of transformation and growth. Reporting to the Vice President for Community Impact, the selected candidate will work to ensure resources invested in the community have maximum benefit toward improving quality of life.
The Program Associate is responsible for coordinating the programmatic activities of the DCF, including efforts to engage the community as well as serve donors. This position is also responsible for managing the DCF’s grants program. This is a unique opportunity for a person who has a passion for service, demonstrated excellence in building and executing project plans, and is excited to contribute creatively and strategically to the DCF’s vision of expanding opportunity for all Delawareans.
Successful candidates will possess, and have demonstrated in previous roles, the following attributes and skills:
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the DCF; strong knowledge of Delaware
- College degree or equivalent experience, along with 3-5 years of related professional experience
- Experience in the nonprofit sector; experience with grant evaluation and/or program planning a plus
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Critical analysis, oral and written communication skills; independent writing and preparation of reports and letters
- Ability to synthesize and organize large amounts of information with an attention to detail
- Spanish language proficiency a plus
- Demonstrated initiative for problem-solving and a “can-do” mindset
- Proven ability to collaborate well with others in a wide variety of settings
- Ability to travel to meetings around the DCF’s region and occasionally to conferences and other professional development opportunities
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits program.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and work sample (see below) and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications who do not include a work sample will not be considered.
Work Sample: We’ve found it helpful to review samples of candidates’ actual work, to get a sense of how people think and operate. Please share a work product that will help give us a sense of what we’d see if we could watch you at work. It might be a substantive memo or letter to your boss or a board member, a work plan for a project you managed, a funding proposal or something along those lines. It should be related to the responsibilities and qualifications included in the Program Associate role job description. We’ll keep anything that you share with us confidential, and please feel free to remove names or other details you’re not comfortable sharing.
Deadline: February 8, 2019
The Delaware Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, religion, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.