Communications and Program Associate – Healthy Communities Delaware
Healthy Communities Delaware (HCD) is a collaboration among the University of Delaware Partnership for Healthy Communities, the Delaware Division of Public Health, and the Delaware Community Foundation (DCF). HCD collaborates with community-based organizations and coalitions to create healthy, safe, and vibrant communities through alignment, investment, and impact. This position will be an employee of the DCF, focused on the HCD initiative.
Each employee of the DCF is expected to embody and pursue the core values of the DCF including compassionate service, excellence, curiosity, integrity and honesty, passion for the work of the foundation, commitment to making a difference, and an appreciation for the joy of philanthropy.
HCD seeks a passionate, energetic, resourceful, and organized professional to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Program Coordinator will have two key goals: (1) coordinate HCD communications and marketing; and (2) support HCD project management, making sure that projects are executed on time, on budget, and with the engagement of key stakeholders.
COMMUNICATION & MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES (75% of time)
- Work collaboratively with HCD team to develop and execute a communications strategy.
- Design and write copy for website and social media platforms, press releases, infographics, reports, PowerPoint presentations, letters, blogs, and Op‐eds.
- Create and manage project timelines and ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- Create and curate content for social media, newsletters, and web copy.
- Develop and maintain communications calendar across social media, web, and media channels.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and events.
- Conduct ongoing analysis and reporting on communications performance measures.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (25% of time)
- Work closely with project managers to coordinate the development and management of project plans, action plans, timelines, budgets, and contracts.
- Manage project-related paperwork and monitor and maintain order on a shared drive.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills; experience producing products independently.
- Experience developing and executing communication strategies.
- Experience working on communication and marketing projects related to equity, social justice, and/or the social determinants of health.
- Strong verbal communications skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management and team management skills; ability to collaborate with others.
- Commitment to equity, social justice, and mission-driven work.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Experience in using Google analytics and other media tracking tools.
- Proficient at HTML/web design using GoDaddy or similar platform.
- Proficient at graphic design using CANVA or similar design software.
- Experience with MailChimp or similar newsletter management tool.
- Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube accounts.
- College degree or equivalent, along with 3-5 years of related professional experience.
- Experience in communications, marketing, and social media, particularly communications related to equity, social justice, and/or social determinants of health.
- Experience working with nonprofits, particularly community development-related organizations.
- Strong knowledge of Delaware’s social and non-profit sectors.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Its continuation is dependent upon annual funding for the Healthy Communities Delaware initiative. Annual salary range: $50,000 – $55,000
This position will be based remotely until COVID-19 precautions allow for in-person return to work. The on-site work location will be in the Healthy Communities Delaware office at the University of Delaware, The Tower at STAR, 100 Discovery Blvd., Newark, DE 19713.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and work sample (see below) and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not include a work sample will not be considered. Deadline to apply: June 30, 2021.
Work Sample: We’ve found it helpful to review samples of candidates’ actual work, to get a sense of how people think and operate. Please share a work product that will help give us a sense of what we’d see if we could watch you at work. Examples may include a press release that you wrote independently, a report that you developed for a project/program that you coordinated or managed, and/or a website or social media account that you managed. It should be related to the responsibilities and qualifications outlined in this job description. We’ll keep anything that you share with us confidential. Please feel free to remove names or other details you’re not comfortable sharing.
The Delaware Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, religion, ethnicity, sex, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.