Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund
Community Needs Grants Program: August 2021 Grant Opportunity
Application is now open
Sample Application (for reference only – must apply online)
In August 2021, the Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund’s Community Needs Grants program will provide an opportunity for Delaware nonprofits to apply for general operating grants to support efforts to “re-open,” return to “normal operations,” or expand operations as the effects of pandemic are ongoing.
This is the final planned Community Needs grant opportunity.
Our goal is to fund a mix of organizations in communities across Delaware and to support organizations working in a range of fields addressing an array of challenges. Each successful applicant is eligible for a grant of up to $15,000 per organization.
- Organizations must be actively providing services.
- Must be a 501(c)(3) public charity in good standing.
- 100% of the requested amount must benefit Delaware communities.
- Organizations are not eligible to apply this round if they received a general operating grant in the March 2021 or May 2021 rounds.
- Organizations are eligible to apply if they received funding previously from the Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund (March 2020 – September 2020).
Grants will be awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations on a competitive basis. Applicants must provide a succinct and compelling response to the following:
- How have the continued impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic affected the ability of your organization to fully meet its mission? How would this grant address those challenges, and allow your organization to “re-open,” return to pre-COVID service levels, or expand service to your population?
- What is the measurable impact your organization is providing to the community, especially for communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, which will be supported by this grant?
- Describe the intended use of the requested grant. Please be clear about how the intended use is related to COVID, not “business as usual.”
The following types of nonprofit organizations are not eligible for this program:
- Sports Clubs, leagues, or facilities
- Public or tuition-based educational institutions
- Fundraising entities for programs and organizations that are primarily supported through government funding, e.g., schools, parks, libraries
- Religious organizations for their sectarian purposes (However, projects that serve the entire community, regardless of religious affiliation, are eligible for support.)
DANA, the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement, is offering free technical assistance for this Grant Program. Click here and a DANA specialist will reach out to assist you. Please note because the specialist may need to speak with you, have time to provide the assistance, and send back to you with explanations – please plan for a few days for a completion of the assistance.