2020 Book Circles:
By Wes Moore with Erica L. Green
The DCF wants to get people talking about equity and community. To inspire conversation, we are giving away 500 FREE books.
In the fall of 2020, the DCF is proud to host Wes Moore as our featured Building Opportunity speaker. Read more here. Before you see him speak in November, read his most recent book, Five Days, which explores the uprisings in Baltimore in 2015 after the death of Freddie Gray in police custody through a kaleidoscope of perspectives and examines critical questions about the deeper causes of violence and poverty.
Join us in examining the inequities impacting our communities by hosting a book circle or participating in a DCF-hosted Book Circle. Our partner Delaware Libraries also will host a series of Book Circles – dates TBA.
Register to Host a Book Circle
As a host, you will:
- Recruit four or five friends to read the book.
- Get together as a group and talk about the reading.
The DCF will send you:
- A free book for each participant (up to a maximum of 10 per Circle). You can also borrow a copy from your library. Check availability here.
- Discussion guides to stimulate conversation.
So we can ensure you receive books before we run out, please register to host a Book Circle by Wednesday, September 30!
Participate in a DCF-led Virtual Book Circle
Register for one of three dates and we will send you a book to read before we meet, as well as Zoom details for the discussion:
- October 15, 6pm (PLEASE REGISTER BY OCTOBER 1)
- November 10, 6pm (PLEASE REGISTER BY OCTOBER 28)
We care about your safety. PLEASE NOTE:
- Books were received in the DCF Georgetown office on July 23 and have been in quarantine since
- Books will be packed with extra caution, and handled by only one person wearing gloves
- If you are near to Georgetown, Delaware and would like to arrange curbside pick-up on the books, please contact Kelly Sheridan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Grunewald at email@example.com.
Join our Building Opportunity mailing list to receive occasional information about ways to get involved.