More than 180 public charities and other charitable entities from throughout the state have funds they established at the DCF.
- Organization is free from managing all gift processing and acknowledgments, investment, auditing, reporting, and state and federal tax filings related to the fund.
- Develop greater financial stability.
- Provide donors with a way to make planned gifts and access to the DCF’s gift planning expertise.
- Benefit from pooled investments.
- Get endowment-building ideas and advice from the DCF’s team of experts.
- Increase the organization’s visibility.
- Increase donor confidence.
- Manage and oversee the investment of the fund.
- Send acknowledgements/gift receipts.
- File federal and state tax returns.
- Provide an independent audit.
- Issue quarterly financial reports.
- Provide technical assistance with deferred giving.
How to Get Started
- Open a nonprofit endowment fund with a gift of cash, securities, or other property valued at $25,000 or more.
- Set a goal for the size of the fund needed to achieve your organization’s objectives.
- Create an endowment development plan and a committee to grow the fund.
All funds are charged fees based on the DCF’s published Fee Schedule.
For more information, please contact Joan Hoge-North, email@example.com.